A Collective Challenge for more Inclusion, Diversity and Equality
What is the Coworking Library?
- Find out more here.
Can I participate in the Coworking Library Challenge if I am not part of the RGCS Symposium?
- Yes. You can register here and join our Coworking Library Discord Server.
When will this happen?
- 15 December 2020 – 21 December 2020 via zoom and our Coworking Library Discord Server. You can sign up here.
- 15 Dec, Kickoff: 12.00 – 13.00 CET: Launch of the Challenge moderated by Johanna Voll
- 16 Dec, 11.00 – 12.00 CET: Q&A session & further insights (tba)
- 17 Dec, 12.00 – 13.00 CET: Q&A session & further insights (tba)
- 17 Dec, Thursday at Midnight = Deadline for submissions
- 21 Dec, 14.00 – 15:00 CET: Challenge winners announcement
Do I have to join all zoom sessions?
- No! These are optional for direct access to asking questions. But you can use our discord server for that at any time and we will get back to you asap.
What is the goal of the challenge?
- Collectively we will make coworking research more visible and add as many new publications to our database as possible. Our goal is to add at least 200 new entries of research from various disciplines that have been published in the last years. During the challenge we will highlight research with a focus on Inclusion, Diversity and Equality.
I do not have a team. How can I join one?
- Let us know in the main channel on the Coworking Library Discord Server and we will find one for you.
When is the deadline to submit publications?
- Closing date for entries will be Dec 17, 24:00 CET. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
What kind of publications are you looking for?
- You may enter the following publications that have a focus on coworking, collaborative (work) spaces or coliving: Books, Chapters in books, papers, conference papers, open data, data/statistics, Dissertations, MA Thesis projects.
- You may not enter the following publications: blog posts or (online) articles, BA Thesis, coworking maps and directories, links to websites with numerous resources etc.
How do I enter publications?
- All submissions must be made through this form: https://coworkinglibrary.com/submit-a-publication/
- You need to register on coworkinglibrary.com and make sure that your team’s name is filled out when entering a submission. Otherwise the entry will not be registered under your teams’ name. If you feel you made a mistake, let Johanna know via discord.
The entry I want to enter doesn’t fit in your categories – should I still enter it?
- Yes! You will get points as well and help us grow our database of all coworking research.
Only collectively can we find as many resources as possible.
I have entered a publication before Dec 15, 2020 – does that count?
- No. We only count entries that have been entered between Dec 15 2020, 0:00 CET and Dec 17 2020, 24:00 CET. See our terms and conditions for more information.
What happens when I enter a publication that is already in the database but may not be visible yet?
- In case of multiple contributions of the same entry we will count the first one that has been entered in the database. The submission form is set up to indicate if a URL has been entered already once you fill it in.
Who will decide who gets a prize and why?
- A jury will decide on the final winners in each category. Category and prizes are stated on coworkinglibrary.com/challenge.
Where can I read more about the rules of the competition?
- Yes, find all information here.
How can I support the Coworking Library?
- Talk about the event and encourage people to use the Coworking Library as a tool for their research on coworking.
- We would love to develop the Coworking Library further. Help us keep the lights on here or talk to us for more opportunities to collaborate.
I have more questions. How can I talk to you?
- Send us a message on our Coworking Library Discord Server (Johanna) or talk to us via email.
Who is behind all this?
- We are a voluntary team of coworking enthusiasts, namely: Ivanne Poussier, Jeannine van der Linden, Bernie J. Mitchell, Hector Kolonas, Alexandra Bernhardt, Aurore Dandoy, and Johanna Voll who tries to keep an overview of it all. Reach out to Johanna here.
- This event would not be possible with our coworking support system: MOFT, Deskmag, CU Asia, Included.co, the European Coworking Assembly, Ada Coworking, the Research Group Collaborative Spaces and the German Coworking Federation.